Century House Senior Peer Counselling Program
New Westminster, BC
A part time coordinator position is available to work with the Senior Peer Counselling program at Century House in New Westminster. Century House, is a community recreation centre for adults, ages 50 plus. The current program is seeking an individual to coordinate and support a dynamic group of program volunteers and volunteer counsellors. This position will appeal to those individuals with strong administration and program development skills. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a passion for supporting and helping older adults.
This position is responsible for the planning, organization and coordination of the Senior Peer Counselling Program. The Coordinator works in collaboration with, and is supported by a Senior Peer Counselling Steering Committee, Century House Association and City of New Westminster Recreation Staff.
In addition, the Coordinator schedules, implements and evaluates a training program offered on an as need basis as well as various fund raising initiatives to support the program.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in the social sciences, health sciences, counselling or equivalent
- Experience in the management of volunteers and volunteer programs
- Knowledge of the needs and issues of seniors in New Westminster, and of the resources in the community
- Completion of SPC of BC course or willing to take SPC of BC Course
- Completion of the Train the Trainer course through SPC of BC an asset
- Volunteer Management Certificate an asset
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Fluent in English with additional languages considered a plus
- Experience in public speaking and group facilitation an asset
Certificates, Licenses, Membership requirements
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Certificate in Volunteer Management or Non-profit Management considered a plus
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates an asset
Must successfully complete a Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
10 hours per week, Monday to Friday – some evenings or weekends
Rate of Pay:
This is a part-time contract position with no benefits provided.
Applications may be mailed/ dropped off at Century House, 620 Eighth Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3S2, Attention: Senior Peer Counselling Position or by email: email@example.com
Friday, December 18, 2020
View Original Source Source