We are seeking a Production Scheduler to oversee scheduling operations for a very busy machinery manufacturing client of ours in the Vancouver area.
• Liaison with all the departments of the company
• Develop and maintain MPS in conjunction with materials, manufacturing and sales
• Manage new orders by date and work closely on both production and post fabrication schedules after ensuring material and Bill of Material (BOM) lists are acceptable.
• Sequence and arrange orders in master schedule to allow for material, panel type, panel size to maximize efficiency. (Objective being to minimize the number of changeovers between projects and develop change order planning.)
• Follow up with Customer Service for timely order approvals and Production Order releases – record same in schedule.
• Record daily production confirmation information and adjust schedule requirements accordingly as needed.
• Coordinate orders on shipping schedule once released for production based on ship date from plant. Highlight any items not shipped on time from previous date. Document any special instructions for Logistics department.
• Capacity Planning – coordinate with Production Lead-hands and Plant Manager to determine shift capacity requirements by maintaining an up to date schedule and up to date model for output and to ensure capacity matches schedule requirements while minimizing labour variances.
• Meet and coordinate daily with team to flag issues, make changes, or initiate actions to ensure production schedule meets the company’s needs (efficiency and best practices for quality and volume) and our customer’s needs.
• Meet individually when needed with Customer Service, Production Lead-hands, and Materials Management to ensure timely updates to production schedule.
• Issue Production Orders to Production Lead-hands.
• Assist Customer Service team in determining priorities for production and delivery.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent time management skills
• Minimum 2-years working experience in a manufacturing scheduler or similar, like position
• Experience with an ERP system (Visual Manufacturing preferred)
• Experience in data analysis and basic statistics
• Training in Continuous Improvement, 5S, and ISO an asset
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume via email to Nick Paraskeva | firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View Original Source Source