We are currently seeking a Procurement Technician to join our Financial Services team. The Procurement Technician is responsible for administrative and technical support in maintaining an organization-wide function around procurement practices and identifying best value opportunities. Reporting to the Manager of Procurement, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing technical expertise in contract drafting and administration for procurement to ensure compliance to procurement principles;
- Supporting the Manager in the implementation of bylaws, policies, systems and procedures;
- Providing the administrative and technical support for purchase orders, invitations to tender, request for proposals, quotations, information and other procurement processes;
- Ensuring CVRD compliance with all applicable policies, bylaws, regulations and legislation related to the competitive procurement process for public entities;
- Facilitating the evaluation process, and administrative and technical review of contract agreements;
- Maintaining the vendor performance program including providing support to the Manager in monitoring, evaluating, reporting and applying corrective measures as required;
- Maintaining the contract database for all key contract information;
- Developing and maintaining procurement record keeping;
- Participating in the development of policies, procedures, forms, templates and providing content for procurement bid sites;
- Supporting the Manager in assisting other managers in determining the appropriate procurement process and in the preparation of procurement documents;
- Representing the CVRD externally when directed by the Manager and engaging with external associations and organizations related to the procurement process within the public sector.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Knowledgeable in public procurement with up to two years of experience, preferably in a local government or other government setting including thorough knowledge of trade agreements, supply chain management practices, tax protocol for GST, contract law and other related legislation;
- Educated in supply chain management or business administration at the post-secondary level (certificate program of up to two years in duration);
- Actively pursuing certification within the procurement industry (enrollment in an approved public sector procurement program or equivalent training within six months of being in the job is required);
- Passionate about detail-oriented work and committed to continuous improvement;
- A strong communicator with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Organized, efficient and able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Professional, courteous and diplomatic with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- A strategic thinker with a creative approach to problem solving;
- Proficient in policy interpretation with strong analytical and writing skills;
- An advanced user of Microsoft Word and highly proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Membership with the Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA), National Institute of Governmental Purchasing or similar procurement association is considered an asset.
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License is required.
This is a CUPE Local 556 position with a wage rate of $32.46 per hour.
To review the complete job description and to apply go to www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs.
The closing date for this position is January 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm. Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.
View Original Source Source