PRIMECorp Director – Application Service Delivery and Transformation
WHO WE ARE
PRIMECorp is the organization that owns and operates the PRIME-BC information systems in support of policing operations province-wide. PRIME-BC is the only multi-jurisdictional police records management and computer-aided dispatch system covering an entire province in Canada and has been described as unique, leading edge and a model for sharing police information in North America. Led by a Board of Directors, PRIMECorp contracts with E-Comm – B.C.’s largest emergency communications centre and the owner of the largest multi-jurisdictional, tri-service emergency radio system in the province – for executive services, including a CEO. PRIMECorp has a dedicated staff of approximately 25 and an annual operating budget of $12 million. Learn more at https://www.primecorpbc.ca/.
- Number of positions: One (1)
- Job status: Regular Full-Time
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Employee Group: Management – The successful candidate will be a Regular Full-Time employee of E-Comm, on permanent secondment to PRIMECorp.
- Department: PRIMECorp
- Location: Business and Technology Centre – Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Sunday, February 28, 2021 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time
We are looking for a vibrant leader who is seeking a meaningful career to support safer communities and frontline policing. The incumbent values building relationships with their team and clients, using both diplomacy and experience as motivation and is an expert at stakeholder management. Our ideal candidate has a background in cloud based solutions and application technical services but is also a calm leader who always acts with integrity.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the incumbent is a key member of the PRIMECorp leadership team, responsible for leading service delivery and transformation of PRIMECorp’s application suite. The primary focuses of this role are transformation of the current and future service delivery of PRIME-BC and ensuring robust support models for PRIMECorp clients as new services are added. In addition to stabilizing and upgrading current delivery practice to industry standard methods, the PRIMECorp Director will play an important role in PRIMECorp’s upcoming multi-year initiative to upgrade and replace key elements of the PRIME-BC software solution. Undertaking complex upgrades and/or replacements of this software and adding innovative new capabilities, while maintaining appropriate service levels for the current solution, is a required enabler of our overall strategy.
The role is accountable for delivery of PRIMECorp Application Services within pre-defined objectives of Service Level Targets and/or schedule, budget and scope parameters, by providing appropriate management direction, guidance, leadership, oversight and control in order to maximize value to PRIMECorp members and minimize business risk. The incumbent is also accountable for the delivery and prioritization of contracted technical services delivered through PRIMECorp’s service agreement with E-Comm 9-1-1.
- A motivated and versatile leader who acts with integrity and has a passion to make a difference?
- An expert with enterprise IT and program management with experience implementing and supporting cloud based solutions
- An excellent communicator with considerable experience building relationships and presenting to audiences including external clients with varied backgrounds and knowledge?
- A natural leader, do you have the people leadership skills to lead your team and internal/external partners through transformational change and the implementation of large and small scale projects?
- Interested in building a career at PRIMECorp?
- Leads a team of highly motivated individuals with diverse expertise, including the development of team members by guiding discussions and providing learning opportunities, performance management and other people management practices.
- Undertakes new service assessments and directs the planning and delivery of future PRIME-BC application services. Develops and maintains consistent service and support processes and related quality assurance standards.
- Manages major multi-year programs and projects to ensure successful modernization of PRIME-BC capabilities and contributes to the identification and mitigation of associated risks.
- Leads or participates in PRIME-BC strategies and governance.
- Responsible for the management of the cost centre budget, the PRIME-BC Service Catalogue, Service Level Agreements and vendor relationships.
- Identifies changes to the Service Catalogue, maintains required templates for collecting information to be published for each service and runs monthly compliance reports to identify Service Catalogue adoption, usage and awareness.
- Consults and negotiates service level and maintenance agreements with internal and external clients and external service providers to ensure client service standards and agreements are delivered and fulfilled. Manages the relationship and Service Catalogue of technical services delivered as part of the Service Agreement between PRIMECorp and E-Comm 911
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with contractors, vendors and senior staff in other departments.
- Directs the work of a team of IT and operational specialists engaged in supporting the operation and use of the PRIME-BC solution. This includes software maintenance, quality assurance testing, integration, change/configuration management and deployment of PRIME systems.
- Oversees the analysis of new capabilities and supports board level recommendations with appropriate business case justification.
- Manages the development and approval of standardized program and project management policy methods and procedures.
- Provides guidance to staff in applying problem management, change management and project management procedures and principles. Escalates critical issues as necessary.
- Coordinates the activities of the department. Develops policies, controls and business procedures. Maintains the unit’s business plan and work plan. Participates in the development of departmental annual goals and objectives and defines the supporting action plan.
- Leads or participates in strategic discussions and governance regarding the future direction of technology for client groups. Recommends solutions for the enhancement of PRIME-BC application solutions.
- Provides a variety of reports for the COO. This includes technical documentation, instructions and presentations. Attends meetings and participates on committees as required.
- Performs related work as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will have a background in enterprise IT and Program Management, specifically as it relates to software lifecycle management or complex enterprise software implementations. This includes program governance, financial management and implementation planning and leadership of technical personnel. Experience with implementing and supporting cloud based solutions as part of an overall technology delivery program is essential.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or another field related to the work, plus extensive related experience in managing enterprise software support, implementation or replacement projects; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Ideally, experience with the laws and requirements specific to policing in B.C.
Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
Maintains a RCMP Secret Level security clearance
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work – work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary – with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off – eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Pension – we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits fund.
- Career development – we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and application at www.ecomm911.ca/join-our-team/apply-now
View Original Source Source