Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Pool Service Worker
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
Up to 4
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
$23.44/hr + 12% in lieu of all benefits & vacation (2019 rate)
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic Pool Service Workers to join our team! The work focuses on janitorial and pool maintenance tasks at Canada Games Pool. Your duties will include cleaning and disinfecting change rooms, fitness areas, offices, foyers as well as spaces in the natatorium. Responsibilities related to the operation and maintenance of swimming pools, such as backwashing filters and vacuuming, may be assigned. Building security and assisting the public are also key responsibilities.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are an expert in the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in janitorial work.
- You have working knowledge of pool water heating, filtration and disinfection systems.
- You are able to observe equipment in operation and report on any malfunctions.
- You have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- You are self-motivated, proactive and can work with minimal supervision.
- You engage courteously with the public and continually improve customer experiences.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Building Service Worker certificate and related experience is preferred.
- Pool Operator 1 and 2 certification is ideal.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software is an asset for this role.
- You must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
* Qualified candidates will be assessed on the basis of their knowledge, skills and abilities, and may be selected for an interview should they meet the qualifications and requirements of the position. Candidates must be available to work evenings, typically 7 hour shifts between 8:15pm – 6:15am, weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays.
**In your application, please clearly indicate in detail your availability for work**
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-76 by November 12, 2020, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: 604-527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source