Police Records Clerk
Regular Full-Time (35 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The RCMP Detachment seeks a Police Records Clerk to join their team. This position provides clerical support to the detachment by carrying out such duties as reviewing files for quality assurance and adherence to policy, transcription of statements, preparing correspondence, performing reception and switchboard duties, maintaining of hard copy operational records. The incumbent will complete monthly reports as required, create, maintain and produce statistical information for the Support Services Manager and assist with monthly audit and validation reports. The ideal candidate possesses both a keen eye for details, strong prioritization skills, and an ability to provide effective service to both internal and external clients all while maintaining the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by word processing, PRIME scoring experience, CPIC maintenance courses, plus sound related experience; preferably in an RCMP Detachment;
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and current office administration practices;
- Considerable knowledge of RCMP detachment rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the work performed;
- Considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used in maintaining CPIC and PRIME
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and computer software including Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand occurrence files and perform UCR scoring
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines with competing priorities;
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to prepare, maintain and control records, files, reports, and statistical reports;
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and make a positive contribution to a team environment;
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
The annual salary range of this unionized position is $46,221 – $54,312 (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
4:30 pm, Sunday, January 3, 2021
Submit your application:
Please Note: this new position is posted “under review” meaning that a follow-up review be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
View Original Source Source