Delta Police Department
Police Information Clerk
Department: DPD Information & Security – Front Counter
Employment Group: CUPE Local 454
Job ID: CE20-19
Hours of Work: Weekday shifts, 6-hour options, AM or PM
Pay Rates: $23.91 – $28.00
Nature and Scope of Work
This is routine, task based data entry work in the Delta Police Board. An incumbent of this class operates PRIME and CPIC computer terminal equipment to complete basic police information checks, and enters and retrieves information for the completion of various forms related to the work. An incumbent also types a variety of material such as correspondence, reports, statements, tabulations, documents and related data; types police record checks and maintains a variety of routine files, forms and applications. More difficult or unusual problems are referred to a superior who reviews work performance for accuracy, completeness and conformance with sound practices and procedures.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Operates PRIME and CPIC computer terminal equipment to complete basic police information checks, and enters and retrieves information for the completion of various forms related to the work.
- Accesses the Screening Canada website to retrieve applications for basic criminal record checks; runs queries; analyzes data; inputs results; and returns electronically through the Screen Canada website.
- Processes, checks and maintains a variety of routine office records, files, reports, statistics, documents and related material.
- Types a variety of material such as correspondence, reports, statements, tabulations, documents and related data; types police record checks.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledges, Abilities and Skills
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and punctuation.
- Sound knowledge of the functions, rules, regulations and policies governing applicable department operations and activities.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to exercise critical thought and sound judgment in analyzing record check data with high attention to detail.
- Ability to process and complete requests for criminal record searches.
- Ability to compose and format routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, tabulations, summaries and related material.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff and officials in supplying information and assistance related to departmental operations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment related to the work performed.
- Ability to perform routine clerical and typing assignments of some variety.
- Ability to review and proofread.
- Skill in typing accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to complete a minimum average of 12 accurate police record checks per hour.
- Superior clerical aptitude.
Desirable Training and Experience
Completion of the Grade 12 including or supplemented by courses in typing and commercial subjects, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations
Enhanced Background Security Clearance from the Delta Police Department is required to be obtained and maintained throughout employment.
In addition to a competitive salary, the Delta Police Department offers a comprehensive Benefit package, including Extended Health, Dental, Life Insurance, and Municipal Pension Plan contribution.
In order to be eligible for employment with the Delta Police Department, you must be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and be at least 18 years of age.
View Original Source Source