Play & Learn Preschool Instructor Term Contract Opportunity
Abbotsford Parks, Recreation, and Culture Facilities Position
Community Recreation – Play & Learn Rec School
Program Number of Positions:
Hours/days of Work:
Typically Monday – Friday, 26 hours weekly (hours and days of work may vary depending of program need)
Start & End Date:
March 8, 2021 (12-18 months)
Rate of Pay:
$17.20 – $21.40 hourly + 12% in lieu of benefits
The City of Abbotsford offers a Play & Learn Rec School program from September through June for children ages 2.5-5 years old. This program runs Monday through Thursday with planning time scheduled on Fridays. The community recreation team is seeking support from an energetic, passionate and mature adult who has previous experience working in preschool environments with an interest in working with this age demographic. Play & Learn participants engage in a number of activities including ice skating, swimming, active gym activities, arts & crafts, learning & reading and free play time!
Under the supervision of the Community Recreation Programmer, the Play & Learn instructor will work in a team-based environment to create, develop and deliver play- based preschool curriculum at Abbotsford Recreation Centre. Working collaboratively with other staff and volunteers, this position will ensure that children, ages 2.5 to 5 years, are well-supervised and provided with developmentally-appropriate and creative programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and deliver play-based preschool curriculum
- Ability to follow all City of Abbotsford policies and procedures as well as Fraser Health Licensing procedures even though this program is unlicensed.
- Assist with implementing a consistent child-centered program that is safe, healthy and enjoyable for children ages 2.5-5 years
- To facilitate the inclusion of all children in the program as well as adapting activities (as needed) to ensure maximum participation and engagement
- To promote and enhance creative ideas in all program areas such as arts & crafts, dramatic play, music appreciation, science, math, reading & comprehension, physical literacy and recreation
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with program participants, parents and staff
- To establish and maintain daily communication with parents and recreation supervisors through verbal and virtual methods
- To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the program, the children, their families and staff
- Ability to communicate clear and concise directions to program participants as well as listen and complete directions from program supervisors
- Ability to follow all covid-19 procedures (daily health declarations, cleaning & sanitizing toys and play spaces, mask wearing and social distancing)
- To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed for all activities planned that day
- To work effectively and as an active member of the staff team, assisting with other duties and responsibilities as required
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Ability to successfully complete and clear a Criminal Record Check.
- Current Emergency or Standard First Aid CPR C/AED
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Previous experience working with young children in childcare and/or recreation setting.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset.
- Early Childhood Educator Certificate (ECE) is an asset
- Infant/Toddler Educator and Special Needs Educator Certificate is an asset
- Additional courses/training related to child growth and development is an asset
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we`ll take care of the rest.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications.
Posting Closing Date: February 19, 2021
To submit a resume please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
View Original Source Source