January 19, 2021
February 7, 2021
Province / State:
$35.51 – $38.20/Hour
The City of Port Moody is seeking a Planning Technician with strong knowledge and judgement to independently process development applications such as small lot subdivisions and laneway house applications. The position involves a complex set of tasks and the coordination of a number of different internal and external requirements, all of which must be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
This is a temporary, full-time position for approximately one year (anticipated to be from April 2021 to April 2022).
- Process development applications (rezoning, subdivision, development permit and development variance permit applications) including the following:
- Complete zoning analysis
- Support applicants through development review process
- Act as overall file manager for applications
- Write reports to Council / Committees
- Draft legal covenants based on templates
- Respond to planning related public enquiries, providing zoning and Official Community Plan information and interpretation
- Provide information on development applications to senior staff, staff in other departments, external agencies, and applicants
- Assist with special planning projects, including researching related issues
- Assist with the development of new policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and responsive
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits program as well as professional development opportunities.
- University degree or technical diploma from a recognized institution in a related field
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia and the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Membership in the Architectural Institute of British Columbia and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada would be an asset
- A sound knowledge of community planning and urban design theories, practices, principles and processes
- Experience researching and preparing community plans and policies
- Experience processing various kinds of development applications
- Experience reviewing architectural drawings and providing critical commentary
- Project management experience
- Ability to make independent decisions and use creativity to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
View Original Source Source