Requisition ID: 26513
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Integrated Water Planning Assistant provides research, design, communications, consultation and technical support to an inter-disciplinary team responsible for leading an integrated “One Water” management plan to address pollution from sewage and urban runoff, while adapting to the challenges of climate change, aging infrastructure and population growth.
The position reports to the Senior Planning Engineer and works with staff in Communications and Engagement, Planning Urban Design and Sustainability, as well as other staff in the Integrated Strategy and Utilities Planning and Design and Construction divisions of Engineering Services.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and conducts technical research, surveys, and analysis on topics of moderate complexity relating to integrated water planning, green infrastructure, climate chnage risk and adaptation
- Uses mapping and graphics tools to produce deliverables required for integrated water planning analysis, reports and communications materials
- Manages data including collection, tracking, and reporting to support development of the One Water management plan
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports, council reports related to the development of the One Water management plan
- Organizes meetings and events, supports public engagement and stakeholder processes, participates in and records minutes for public events and staff meetings
- Prepares information and graphics for web content and social media, brochures/fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations and other communication and presentation materials
- Maintains content for One Water Plan webpage and contact lists
- Responds to public inquiries
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 with supplementary courses in drafting, graphics, mapping or related courses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience conducting research, collecting and analyzing data, and providing technical, communications and/or logistical support for design, planning, research and/or policy development projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general planning and policy approaches for integrated water management,green infrastructure, climate change risk and adaptation.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Good graphic design skills with the ability to develop communication materials for workshops, meetings or presentations
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data clearly to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships at all levels in the organization and external stakeholders
- Ability to speak effectively in public through formal and informal meetings and presentations.
- Ability to manage large workloads and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient in the use of various software applications such as MS Office, GIS and Adobe Creative Suite
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-021: $32.25 to $37.97 per hour
Application Close: March 12, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source