Planning Assistant III (Landscape)
Requisition ID: 22433
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Planning Assistant III position would provide technical and professional support to the Urban Landscape Development Team undertaking permit review work and policy development.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing data analysis for permit processes.
- Responding to permit application enquiries from the public.
- Facilitating small group discussions, receiving and summarizing public comments, and maintaining web pages and social media accounts.
- Organizing workshops for industry outreach and engagement.
- Performing mapping work for ecosystem indicators and policy development research.
- Collecting data and performing analysis for green site typology work.
- Performing other related duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent in Technical or Vocational school supplemented or including courses in drafting or graphics, along with Planning Assistant II experience or technical work experience of a planning nature (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- University degree in Planning, Environmental science, Landscape Architecture or related university degree would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and participate successfully on work teams and with the public, and to complete assignments using sound professional techniques and judgment.
- Proven ability to self-manage workload and meet time demands (e.g., prioritize tasks, communicate expected time frames for the delivery of items with staff and request assistance when needed).
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated sound research and analytical abilities and experience, and an aptitude in the legal and technical aspects of planning work.
- Working knowledge of zoning and land-use planning and regulations, and urban design principles is required.
- Sound knowledge of MapInfo/GIS, Microsoft Office Suite and graphics programs with strong graphic skills (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) is required.
- Familiarity with Landscape review processes is preferred.
A current and valid Class BC Driver’s License or higher and a satisfactory driving record is a requirement of this role.
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: November, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-021: $32.25 to $37.97 per hour
Application Close: October 30, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source