Planning Assistant 1 – Development Planning
2 x Regular Full Time & 1 x Temporary Full Time
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state-of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
We are looking for highly organized, customer service oriented team players to join our Planning and Development Department in the role of Planning Assistant I. The successful incumbents in this role will be working with our highly skilled Planning & Development team to gain planning experience working on specific planning projects. In this moderately complex, technical and project based role, the work may include:
- Conducting research and preparing background documents;
- Assisting with public consultation events and evaluating public responses;
- Researching, assembling and analyzing physical, statistical, economic and social data related to assigned projects;
- Preparing and maintaining records, reports, and statistics related to their work;
- Compiling data and research into final reports;
- Attending internal and external meetings as an observer where professional planning staff will be in attendance; and
- Performing other planning related work as required.
Along with an education in Urban and Regional Planning, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and, preferably, some experience in a municipal planning office, the individual selected will possess proven knowledge of:
- Drafting, graphic design and presentation skills;
- Urban planning principles and practices;
- Ability to compile statistical data and research into reports;
- Experience with GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
The CUPE hourly rate of $28.00 – $32.90 (2020 CUPE rates) and an excellent benefits package (6% in lieu of benefits is offered for TFT role), and a compressed work week is being offered.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on October 30, 2020.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source