Requisition ID: 25199
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Planning Analyst works as part of the Housing Policy team that is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Housing Vancouver Strategy (2018 – 2027) and other policies and programs including the management of relevant research and data.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Planning Analyst will provide a range of technical, analytical and graphic services to the Housing Policy team. Reporting to a Planner II position, under a Senior Planner and the Assistant Director of Housing Policy, the incumbent will support the development of public policies, projects, programs, plans, and strategies aimed at improving the availability and accessibility of affordable housing in Vancouver.
The position will:
- Provide mapping, research, and data collection and analysis on to support the development and implementation of key actions. identified in the City’s Housing Vancouver Strategy (2018 – 2027) and 3 year Action Plan, such as the city’s rental replacement and reinvestment policies.
- Play a key role in policy analysis related to housing as a part of major planning programs including the Broadway and Vancouver Plan, including data collection and analysis, graphics and mapping support, and report writing.
- Support the development of key affordable housing policies, by providing research, financial and data analysis, and technical support.
- Respond to internal and external requests for housing data and policy updates.
- Develop and maintain housing databases and spreadsheets.
- Design and administer surveys.
- Assist in organizing public consultation as required.
- Provide strong graphic support and draft presentations and reports for senior management.
Education and Experience:
- Some professional planning experience or a related university degree or diploma related to planning, preferably with experience closely related to the duties involved.
- Demonstrated experience in planning related research, data, monitoring, policy analysis and communicating findings preferred.
- Experience working with external data sources (e.g. Statistics Canada, BC Stats, BC Assessment, CMHC) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience with GIS software (e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong research and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex concepts into accurate, easily readable formats.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other employees, officials and the public, and complete assignments using sound professional techniques and judgement.
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Familiarity with the City’s housing policy, land use, and area planning policies and regulations is an asset.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, In Design, and Photoshop)
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: March, 2021
Position End Date: September, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: February 12, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source