Requisition ID: 22397
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Planning Analyst works as part of the Housing Policy team that is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Housing Vancouver Strategy (2018 – 2027) and other policies and programs including the management of relevant research and data.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Planning Analyst will provide a range of technical, analytical and graphic services to the Housing Policy team. Reporting to a Planner II position, under a Senior Planner and the Assistant Director of Housing Policy, the incumbent will support the development of public policies, projects, programs, plans, and strategies aimed at improving the availability and accessibility of affordable housing in Vancouver.
The position will:
- Provide mapping, research, and data collection and analysis on to support the development and implementation of key actions identified in the City’s Housing Vancouver Strategy (2018 – 2027) and 3 year Action Plan, such as the city’s rental replacement and reinvestment policies.
- Play a key role in the development of the Housing Vancouver Annual Progress Report and Data Book, including data collection and analysis, ongoing monitoring, and report writing.
- Support the development of key affordable housing policies, by providing research, financial and data analysis, and technical support.
- Liaise with staff from a variety of internal departments on data collection and maintenance issues with the goal to standardize approaches and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain housing databases and spreadsheets.
- Design and administer surveys.
- Assist in organizing public consultation as required.
- Provide strong graphic support and draft presentations and reports for senior management.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Some professional planning experience or a related university degree or diploma related to planning, preferably with experience closely related to the duties involved.
- Demonstrated experience in planning related research, data, monitoring, policy analysis and communicating findings preferred.
- Experience working with external data sources (e.g. Statistics Canada, BC Stats, BC Assessment, CMHC) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience with GIS software (e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS Pro) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong data-driven research and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex concepts into accurate, easily readable formats.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other employees, officials and the public, and complete assignments using sound professional techniques and judgement.
- Ability to juggle priorities and meet prescribed deadlines.
- Familiarity with the City’s housing policy, land use, and area planning policies and regulations is an asset.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, In Design, and Photoshop)
- Proficiency with data analytical software such as Stata and Qlik is an asset
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: December, 2020
Position End Date: December, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: October 30, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source