Requisition ID: 27434
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Reporting to the Senior Stakeholder Relations and Promotions Lead (TL II,) the Travel Demand Planner supports the implementation of policies and actions in the City of Vancouver’s Transportation 2040 Plan and Climate Emergency Action Plan. The successful candidate will help advance the City’s Transportation Demand Management work plan in order to increase the use of sustainable transportation and reduce private vehicle trips. Responsibilities include program development and implementation, research, and stakeholder engagement. The Travel Demand Planner will work closely with multidisciplinary transportation engineers, planners and technical staff within Transportation Planning, other Engineering branches, and various other City of Vancouver departments.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the delivery of both Transportation 2040 and Climate Emergency Action Plan policies and objectives and ensures organizational alignment with other key citywide strategies including the Healthy City Strategy, and the Renewable City Strategy and emerging directions from the Vancouver Plan.
- Leads the development of implementation plans and programs including monitoring and related performance metrics, for employers, institutions, visitors and residents in order to increase the use of sustainable transportation and reduce private vehicle trips.
- Conducts research related to transportation behaviour change, supervising surveys, formulating recommendations and preparing reports for presentations.
- Supports partnerships with TransLink (TravelSmart), major employers, institutions, BIAs, sustainable transportation groups and other partners.
- Supports conversations across departments within the City of Vancouver, in relation to strategies to manage transportation demand.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in planning recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners and a minimum of two years’ experience as a planning professional; or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- Experience leading and implementing behaviour-change programs, transportation demand management initiatives, and travel planning
- Experience leading research studies and report writing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, external transportation partners and co-workers
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including presenting on sustainable transportation
- Demonstrated ability to launch and monitor programs
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines and in multi-disciplinary teams
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: April, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-029: $44.83 to $53.01 per hour
Application Close: March 26, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source