City of Langford
$37.23 to 40.68 per hour
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a Full-Time Planner I position!
As a Planner I, you will respond to public enquiries, and assist with reviewing and processing land use applications including: development permits, development variance permits, rezoning applications, temporary commercial or industrial use permits, and sign permits. The Planner I will also assist with research and report writing, public consultation, and other related work.
Our ideal candidate will have post-secondary education in Planning or a related field and at least three (3) years’ experience. Preference will be given to candidates who are eligible for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners
Candidates should also have:
- Knowledge of municipal planning procedures in British Columbia;
- Experience in interpreting bylaws, policies, and other applicable provincial/federal legislation;
- Experience interpreting and assessing the compliance of submitted drawings and technical reports with City requirements;
- Proven ability to communicate well with the public;
- Strong research and technical writing skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $37.23 to 40.68 per hour plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified work week schedule. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
Please submit your resume by noon on Monday, November 16th, 2020 to the City of Langford, Human Resources Department, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Victoria, BC, V9B 2X8 or e-mail at email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source