Full-Time, Benefited Position
35 Hours per week
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), is accepting applications for the position of Planner 1.
The Planner 1 is responsible, through the Planning Manager, for providing information and advice and preparing reports and recommendations on land use and development to the RDCK Board and its various committees and commissions, staff, other government agencies, and the public. The primary responsibility of this position is focused on the review and processing of referrals and planning applications and in the development of procedures and regulations as they pertain to land development within the RDCK.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Bachelor degree from a recognized university program in planning, geography or other related subject.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a planner or planning technician position, preferably in local government.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience using GIS, property and/or land use management databases.
- Membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners or eligibility to attain.
- Valid BC Drivers License and a satisfactory Drivers Abstract.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of planning principals and practices as they pertain to regional and rural land use and development.
- Knowledge of the principals, methodologies and practices of research and data collection.
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and elected officials in the processing of planning applications and referrals.
- Knowledge and use of GIS and other mapping or land information systems.
- Ability to apply federal, provincial and local government legislation as they relate to planning and job responsibilities.
- Ability to respond to questions and present technical information in a manner that is easy to understand for staff, elected officials, committees, commissions, external agencies and the general public.
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover letter will be accepted by email until 9:00am Tuesday October 6, 2020.
Thanks you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
View Original Source Source