- An exciting role for an experienced pipelayer to work on a range of projects!
- Receive a highly competitive salary of $39-$43 an hour plus excellent benefits!
- Build your career and take pride in your work with a rapidly growing organization!
About Complete Utility Contractors
Complete Utility Contractors is a newly formed company that is led by a management team who have been active in the civil infrastructure industry for over 25 years. During that time, we have managed, constructed, and delivered hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of municipal contracts.
A large part of Complete Utility Contractors’ success and growth is thanks to the hardworking, ambitious people that drive our projects forward. As such, we take great care when choosing to invite people to join our team and prefer to hire people that are driven, friendly, and passionate about the work that they do. If this sounds like you, then we invite you to read on!
About the Opportunity
Currently, Complete Utility Contractors has an exciting opportunity for experienced Pipelayers to join our team and work on sites throughout the Lower Mainland, B.C. on a full-time basis.
As one of our new Pipelayers, you will be responsible for supporting the site supervisor and carrying out the day-to-day pipelaying tasks among our various projects.
More specifically, your daily responsibilities will include:
- Installing various types (Ductile Iron, PVC, Concrete, HDPE, Hydro/Tel, etc.) of underground utilities as per the local specifications
- Ensuring utilities are being installed at the correct grade and elevations
- Setting up and operating a pipe laser
- Maintaining good employee morale, communication, and teamwork
- Understanding OH&S safe work practices and procedures, and following them consistently
- Providing leadership and aiding in training junior employees
- Providing feedback to supervisors and management on process improvements
- Identifying any problems and promoting innovation and team coordination
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you’ll need at least 3 to 5 years of pipelaying experience in utility construction, along with familiarity with working around existing utilities, and experience with hand/power tools. You’ll also join us with a solid understanding of the underground utility and road construction market as well as a keen interest in growing your own career. While it is not required, the ability to read construction drawings is an asset. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50lbs, and posses knowledge of construction disciplines and the materials and methods required.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll have excellent communication and teamwork skills, with great attention to detail. Your strong interpersonal skills will combine with the confidence in your technical knowledge and experience to ensure your success in this role. You are someone who takes leadership, ownership, and pride in their work, with minimal supervision required. Utilizing your strong aptitude for stakeholder management, you’ll work diligently towards completing deadlines while continuously providing relevant updates to our team and being accountable to our clients.
Above all, you’ll be an enthusiastic, open-minded, and collaborative individual who is keen to utilize their technical knowledge in an exciting new role.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive hourly rate of $39-$43 based on skills and experience along with excellent benefits, such as:
- Extended health, vision and dental
- RRSP matching
- Social events such as company barbecues, pizza lunches, and employee of the month celebrations that we’re eager to get back to after Covid subsides!
Upon joining Complete Utility Contractors, you’ll be welcomed into a friendly, team environment where teamwork, honesty, and a winning attitude are highly valued.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to work for this rapidly growing organization – apply today!
Complete Utility Contractors
View Original Source Source