Closing Date: November 13, 2020
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time Pipelayer in the Utility Services Division with the City of Kamloops! If you are a hard working individual with experience in the installation and repair of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, domestic and commercial water lines, this is the position for you.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Reviewing daily work schedules and coordinating the required parts and materials needed to complete the assigned work.
- Reviewing grade sheets, as-builts, and blueprints, and determining the location of underground utilities.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining water, sewer and drainage infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- BC EOCP Level I Certificate in:
- Water Distribution Systems; and
- Wastewater Collection Systems
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence – Class 3 with air brakes endorsement.
- Minimum 24 months’ previous experience in the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of water distribution, sewer collection, or drainage infrastructure.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Summer)/8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utility Services Supervisor – Construction
November 13, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source