West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, sport amenities, public beaches and over 100 kilometres of urban and wilderness trails. We are looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs vital to our community. Be part of our team.
The West Vancouver Community Services Department has immediate openings for Casual Personal Trainers. Reporting to the Program Coordinator of Personal Training & Rehabilitation, our Personal Trainers provide their clientele with the knowledge, motivation and coaching to achieve their personal fitness goals. This position involves recruiting new clients, consulting with clients to understand their needs and goals and designing personal fitness programs. As an integral part of our Health & Fitness team, our Personal Trainers work to promote and deliver exceptional programs and services to our community.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for fitness and is self-motivated, creative and energetic;
- the ability to coach, mentor and bring out the best in others;
- excellent customer service and client retention skills;
- excellent verbal & written communication and organizational skills;
- willingness to accept ongoing coaching, evaluation and feedback;
- the ability to work well in a team setting;
- a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evening and weekends;
- current knowledge and experience with weight room facilities and equipment to support a wide range of physical abilities, needs and ages.
The successful candidate has completed the following required qualifications:
- BCRPA Registered Personal Trainer and/or equivalent;
- minimum six months experience as a personal trainer;
- St. John Standard First Aid Certification (or equivalent/higher certification); CPR Certificate and AED Certification;
- training seniors and teaching rehabilitation programs and group fitness classes would be considered an asset.
A University Degree or College Diploma in a health related field, BCAK registered, CSEP or ACSM-CEP and fluency in other languages (Mandarin, Farsi etc.) would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Hours of Work:
Hours and days of work may vary; early mornings, days, evenings and weekends
Rate of Pay:
$26.00 to $34.00 per hour + 4% in lieu of benefits. Determined based on qualifications and experience
11:59 p.m. on Monday February 15, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source