Are you a payroll professional with previous experience processing payroll and benefits in a large corporate environment? Do you have experience with PeopleSoft Payroll and are looking for a new opportunity to develop your skills? If so we have an excellent opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to support our client, a leading global bank, in their Vancouver office (working remotely until further notice). In this role you will be working full time hours on a 8 month assignment (with potential for extension), and earn a competitive rate within the market. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Support the Head of Payroll in delivering timely, accurate Canadian payroll and benefits administration for 6 companies and 5800 employees
• Independently interpret, administer and provide support to and communication with employees/managers with respect to payroll processing and related taxes and benefit policies and procedures
• Complete quality assurance processes through analytical review of data to ensure timely and accurate delivery of salaries/wages, and incentive payments
• Perform financial controls according to established and agreed procedures, escalating issues appropriately and in a timely manner. Liaise with revenue agencies and external vendors to fulfill administrative duties. Contribute to the continuous management of risks within the department through reassessment of internal controls, ensuring processes adhere to regulatory and compliance requirements
• Provide timely response to inquiries from HR, Finance, managers, employees, government, and other third-party agencies utilizing knowledge and interpretation of policies, procedures, and legislation
• Reconcile Payroll Liability General Ledger accounts monthly and make required adjustments
• Reconcile Payroll on a quarterly cycle (T4, T4A’s, etc.)
• Prepare and submit all annual returns in a timely manner (T4, T4A’s, Releve1, EHT, WCB)
• Work with consistent accuracy to enable greater efficiency in meeting payroll and HR Operation’s needs
• Manage and resolve escalated customer concerns/complaints and use appropriate business judgement, making considered decisions (in line with authority level) to protect and enhance core values, reputation and the business
• Demonstrate leadership through coaching, best practice sharing, mentoring and process improvements
• Gain experience working for a leading and globally recognized organization
• Earn a competitive rate within the industry
• Work full time hours on a 8 month assignment with potential for extension
• Vancouver, BC Location (working remotely until further notice)
• Minimum 2 years Canadian Payroll experience running full-cycle payroll
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate (CPC) or Canadian Payroll Manager (CPM) from the Canadian Payroll Association
• Strong accounting background and ability to reconcile payroll related GL accounts
• Experience with HR policies, procedures and multi-provincial labour standards
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Word processing skills, including MS Access
• Well-developed analytical, decision-making, customer service skills
• Organized, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to have a flexible schedule during peak times to meet payroll deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with PeopleSoft 9.4 version is a large asset!
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View Original Source Source