Payroll and Accounting Administrator
Randstad Accounting and Finance is partnering with a client looking to identify a driven Payroll and Accounting Administrator to join them on a full-time basis! You will contribute to the production of accurate and timely payroll for salary employees on a bi-weekly basis. You will administer RRSP, pension, leave of absence, and all benefits. The Payroll, Pension, and Benefits Specialist will communicate effectively, and deliver strong internal customer service while working in a deadline-driven environment. This role is a hybrid payroll and full-cycle accounting duties.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive compensation, $55-65k/year based on experience.
• The Position comes with 4 weeks paid vacation and comprehensive benefits upon completion of the probationary period
• Hours Mon-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• CPA support is available
• Dynamic working environment
• An opportunity to work with a very well-known brand!
• Transit accessible location
• Full cycle processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles;
• Direct regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
• Prepare systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation, and entering of pay data
• Assess data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence
• Administer RRSP and pension program, and act as the primary point of contact for employees
• Adhere to current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting
• Process voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
• Assist staff with general questions related to payroll, PTO accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other pay-related issues
• Assist in preparation of financial statements, bank reconciliations, AR and AP subsidiary to General Ledger tie out for assigned entities
• Oversee Accounts Receivable process and Accounts Payable for check processing
• Prepare monthly and year-end work papers for key balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Prepare quarterly financial reports requested by various lenders
• Assist with annual budget preparation
• Assist in the posting of accounts to the general ledger for accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, and cash disbursements.
• Assist on ad-hoc duties as and when required
• Special projects as assigned
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar
• At least 3 years of Canadian payroll experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance, or equivalent experience
• Pursuing CPA considered an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to deal effectively and professionally with other business departments, and vendors
• Ability to diplomatically deal with situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
• Superior analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
Are you a Payroll and Accounting Administrator with previous 2+ years of experience? Do you have previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Teampay, or similar? Are you looking for an opportunity to further develop your skills as a payroll administrator? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a payroll and accounting administrator to support our client, one of Canada’s well-known research companies. In this role, you will work full-time hours on a permanent basis, and earning a competitive rate within the industry.
If this is something you are interested in and you have the qualifications for please Apply today. Or email your application at email@example.com.
(Please note only those who are qualified will be contacted).
Thank you for your interest in the position.
View Original Source Source