City of Surrey
Parks Labourer – Urban Forestry (Shade Trees)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey’s Parks Division aims to ensure that public street and park trees are well maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. As part of that commitment, we are looking for motivated and hardworking seasonal labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry field-based work.
CUPE Local 402 – Temporary Full-Time.
As a Labourer, you will be responsible for assisting staff with a variety of work that involves tree maintenance. Duties may include:
- Inspecting and watering trees.
- Conducting a full range of supportive tree maintenance activities.
- Support pruning crews.
- Completing physical work in all weather condition.
- Interacting with the public in a professional manner.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
- Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with power tools (hedge trimmers, chainsaws, and backpack blowers) and hand tools (shovels, picks,hand snips, loppers, and hand saws).
- Experience in arboriculture/horticulture is an asset.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3645 by February 12, 2021.
View Original Source Source