City of Surrey
Parks Labourer – Structural Maintenance
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Park Facility Operations is looking for temporary full-time skilled individuals, working in an active and energetic environment, within the Parks Structures maintenance team. This temporary employment will be from May 1st to September 1st, working 40 hours per week with some possible weekend work.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Temporary Full-Time
- Perform manual and semi-skilled repairs and maintenance to park structures including:
- Exterior stairs
- Wood bridges
- Spectator bleacher systems
- Sport courts and park shelters
- Park shelters and other related infrastructure
- Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and have the ability to communicate effectively, particularly when dealing with the public.
- Have knowledge and skill in the methods and equipment used in maintenance and repair of various park structures.
- Complete heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Related education and maintenance experience are considered assets.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and trades equipment is preferred.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you’re interested in this position please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3641 by February 12, 2021.
View Original Source Source