City of Surrey
Parks Labourer – Landscape Maintenance
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Help us ensure that our more than 200 parks are well maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. We’re looking for energetic individuals with a positive attitude to join our Park Landscape Operations team.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Temporary Full-Time
As a temporary Parks Labourer, you will be working with experienced Park Landscape Operations staff to provide general landscape maintenance duties throughout Surrey. You will be completing tasks that involve considerable physical effort and the use of relevant tools and equipment. Responsibilities will include:
- Mowing grass
- Maintenance including weeding and pruning of a variety of park horticulture
- General park maintenance
- Demonstrating safe work practices.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Have relevant training and experience performing manual labour.
- Strong public relations, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to complete work of a heavy manual nature outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Hands-on experience with related tools and equipment is preferred.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and submittal of a Drivers abstract. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you’re interested in this position please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3638 by February 12, 2021
View Original Source Source