(Permanent Full-Time) 2 positions
West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, sport amenities, public beaches and over 100 kilometres of urban and wilderness trails. We are looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs vital to our community. Be part of our team.
The West Vancouver Parks Department is accepting applications for a permanent full-time Park Attendant, responsible for park maintenance tasks and waste collection.
The successful candidate may also be assisting with: park construction; graffiti removal, sign and trail maintenance; cemetery duties; litter pick-up; and other related duties as operationally required. The position is considered manual work, requiring strength, effort and stamina. Candidates must also have a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An aptitude/interest in Park Operations;
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following disciplines: turf grass maintenance, horticulture, and waste collection
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of manual outdoor work in all types of weather;
- An ability to exercise excellent customer service skills when interacting with park users and the public;
- An ability to build and maintain positive and effective working relationships with the public and staff;
- Experience with the safe operation of landscaping power tools (i.e. line trimmer, mower, hedge trimmer);
- Knowledge of, and the ability to make decisions in accordance with, departmental policies, practices, rules and regulations related to the work performed;
- Experience driving large trucks on streets and within parks in and around people;
- Experience operating tractors, ride on mowers and chainsaw considered an asset; and
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of BC.
During the assessment process, successful candidates will be asked to submit a Driver’s Abstract from ICBC.
The successful candidates will be required to supply a Police Information Check to be completed at their expense.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
Starting at $26.38 per hour
11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 21, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal on our website at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source