Park Attendant (Cemetery)
The West Vancouver Parks Department is accepting applications for a temporary full-time Park Attendant primarily located at Capilano View Cemetery.
The primary duties in this position will be comprised of a variety of tasks including: lawn, garden and tree maintenance using mower, other small power and manual equipment; and assisting with a variety of tasks related to Cemetery operation and maintenance.
The work for this position is considered manual work, requiring effort and stamina. The successful candidate may also be required to assist off-site staff with: park construction; maintaining playgrounds, sports fields, and grass areas; horticulture; and other related duties as operationally required.
Applicants must have:
- General knowledge concerning safe use of landscape and maintenance equipment;
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of manual outdoor work in all types of weather;
- An aptitude/interest in Parks and Cemetery operations;
- An ability to build and maintain positive and effective relationships with the public and staff, and to interact tactfully and sensitively with clients; and
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of BC.
During the assessment process, successful candidates will be required to submit an acceptable Driver’s Abstract from ICBC. The length of this assignment will be dependent upon operational requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
Union (WVMEA) –Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
Starting at $26.38 + 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source