From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
We offer you more than just a career. As a Paralegal, working here means being valued for who you are and growing, both professionally and professionally. Alongside Canada’s largest in-house P&C insurance litigation team, you’ll get the tools, support, flexibility and opportunities to succeed and be your best self.
About the role
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity available in Vancouver, B.C.
With our Legal Claims team, you’ll be at the heart of what we do best: helping people. Here, your passion for the law, your organizational skills, strong values, and creative-thinking, will be a great fit with the team.
What you’ll do here:
- Summarize discovery requests and other documents, including medical records/transcripts
- Manage production requests and prepare Affidavits of Records
- Review documents, draft and respond to requests, and update counsel as required
- Draft Letters of Instruction and prepare expert retainer materials
- Draft application materials and pleadings
- Provide litigation support to counsel during trials
- You share our values of respect, integrity, excellence, customer-driven and generosity – this will show through your work and your support of our customers, our claims partners, and our legal colleagues
- Your experience in Litigation will contribute to the team’s success
- You are an excellent collaborator and a great team player, which will contribute to the positive work environment
- You deliver quality work with a quick turnaround because you prioritize, take initiative, stay organized and have sound judgement
- You are an exceptional communicator with great listening, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate has:
- Paralegal diploma from a recognized educational institution, combined with relevant work experience
- Proven experience as a litigation specific paralegal
- Excellent working knowledge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia procedures and forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with research and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and execute your tasks in a quality manner with a fast turnaround
- Stellar attention to details and proofreading skills
- Strong document management skills
- Insurance and/or construction defence experience would be an asset
- Class Action experience would be considered an asset
The perks of working “in-house” at Intact:
- Leaders and colleague who are collaborative, supportive and want you to succeed
- An inclusive community that values all individuals and perspectives
- Challenging, career-elevating work to fuel your passion for the law
- Competitive pension plan including defined benefit and defined contribution options
- Comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- Industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive, flex benefits package plus access to virtual health care
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
- A company-matching Community Impact program that gives employees the flexibility to choose how and where you give, in ways that are meaningful to them. Intact will amplify efforts by matching donations, time spent volunteering, or both!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
View Original Source Source