Be a part of something great!
Competition File #: 20-U090
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Paralegal to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division; Property Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Property Administration and Conveyancing, in this unionized position you will perform specialized work of considerable responsibility in the preparation of legal documents related to land transactions.
- Draft contract language according to precedent, or from rough draft
- Prepare and process a variety of legal documents required in the conveyancing of land for municipal and other purposes
- Review contracts, leases and other legal documents for completeness and accuracy and liaise with internal and external contacts involved in processing less complex legal documents
- Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, open and close files and maintain department filing system and type a variety of legal agreements and memos
- Perform other related work as required
- Thorough knowledge of procedures, forms, documents and legal terminology governing the conveyance of property and other rights and interest in lands, including Land Titles registrations
- Working knowledge of the role of other municipal departments as related to the work performed
- Ability to prepare, review and process a variety of legal documents related to municipal land matters and transactions
- Bachelor of Legal Studies (Paralegal) Degree, Paralegal Diploma or Certificate or Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate will be considered an asset
View Original Source Source