Operations Worker IV – Golf
Requisition ID: 25927
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Under direct supervision of the Superintendent, this position completes a variety of tasks which can include mowing, landscaping, line trimming, raking, edging, fertilizing, operating specific turf care equipment, and performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work in various golf course locations within the organization. The hours of work are typically 5:00 AM and may include weekends and statutory holidays. This position may be for employment at any of our six golf course properties which include 3 Championship and 3 Pitch and Putt courses.
Education and Experience:
- Up to completion of high school.
- Experience in golf course maintenance or landscape maintenance. An educational background in turf grass management/agronomy is an asset.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License is required.
- Level I first aid is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, rules and safe operation of tools, materials and equipment used in golf maintenance operations.
- Knowledge of the game of golf and how the maintenance team contributes to the success of the operation.
- Ability to exercise considerable independence of judgement and action in the work.
- Ability to courteously answer questions and deal with the public.
- Aptitude in the operation and servicing of maintenance equipment and in the use of tools used in minor repair tasks.
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather.
Driver License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory National Safety Code driving record
- 5 years accumulation of no more than 9 points, not in excess of 3 points per single year
- 3 years accumulation of no more than 1 preventable work related driving or equipment operating accident in any single year
- Employees who do not demonstrate a satisfactory driving record will have their application reviewed in more detail
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 1004 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Position End Date: October, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-320: $29.52 per hour
Number of Positions: Multiple
Application Close: February 14, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source