Requisition ID: 27075
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Engineering Services contributes to the overall City purpose by providing many services and public works facilities. These ranges from such fundamental services as water supply, sewerage, drainage, refuse removal, street access, and lighting, to regulatory functions such as traffic control, parking enforcement, transportation planning, and preservation of utility and communication corridors.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Sanitation Services Street Cleaning Operation helps keep our City clean and involves collection of litter, debris and abandoned waste from Parks/City streets and laneways. Operations Workers may also be assigned to other Sanitation Branch specific work.
Sanitation Services Branch functions 365 days/year and applicants must be willing and able to work shift work. Street Cleaning is currently hiring for Night Shift which operates between 8:30pm to 7:00am. Applicants must be willing and able to work shifts which may include dayshift, afternoon, and graveyard with the expectations to work weekends. The successful candidate may be required to adjust shifts as operationally required.
Successful applicant’s availability must meet Branch expectations in order to continue employment with the Branch. Functional and or physical assessment related to the bona fide position requirements may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Up to completion of high school and some laboring and truck driving experience.
Driver’s License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory National Safety Code driving record is required.
- A current and valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with Air Brakes or higher and a Satisfactory National Safety Code driving record is an asset.
- 5 years accumulation of no more than 9 points, not in excess of 3 points per single year
- 3 years accumulation of no more than 1 preventable work related driving or equipment operating accident in any single year
- Employees who do not demonstrate a satisfactory driving record will have their application reviewed in more detail
- Candidates must attach the following to be considered:
- Commercial Driving Records Abstract (N Print) for the past 5 years (no longer than 14 days prior to this posting)
- Insurance and Claims History for the past 5 years (no longer than 14 days prior to this posting)
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 1004 N/Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: June, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-310: $28.67 per hour
Application Close: May 2, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source