Operations Manager – Work Control Center
Requisition ID: 23480
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Operations Manager – Work Control Center provides leadership on the day-to-day management of REFM’s workflow management system: administering and leading a team of work control and admin clerks, managing and improving REFM’s workflow management system within Facilities Operations. Also responsible for supporting business units and functions whose work is managed through the system by providing operational reporting, data analysis, and metric generation to promote better awareness and support improvements to business units/functions team performance.
Work Flow Management
- Administers, manages and monitors the Work Flow Management system for the Real Estate and Facilities Management (REFM) service group.
- Oversees the Work Reception and Control function for REFM and Parks Operations.
- Provides direction and guidance to Work Control Clerks on non-standard, non-maintenance, non-REFM, billable or production work.
- Creates and maintains policies and procedures regarding the receipt and disposition of work requested of REFM.
- Manages customer relationships with respect to maintenance vs non-maintenance services and conducts service satisfaction assessments with internal and external clients.
- Responsible for the maintenance and governance of master data in the Work Flow Management system.
- Responds to partner/client inquiries on the status of work requests.
- Collaborates with client departments to ensure scheduling and prioritization processes are known and transparent.
- Makes recommendations based on operational requirements to, and works closely with the Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) team to identify processes to review.
- Works with shop superintendents, managers and the Corporate Performance Measurement team to understand performance and KPI fluctuations; presents REFM’s performance results to senior leaders in REFM and client departments.
- Supports, educates and trains departmental staff, from the shop floor to senior leaders, on how to use KPIs to improve service delivery.
- Monitors and analyzes work order performance metrics, usage metrics, and financial data, and benchmarks to identify opportunities to improve the cost efficiency of services, and assists in identifying opportunities to improve value for money.
- Leads the maintenance, development and implementation of improvements to work flow management processes, communications and workflow management software.
- As the operational subject matter expert, leads and supports process review and design of all processes within the work control centre and work flow life cycle.
- Participates in the strategic planning of technology needs related to work flow management, future direction and deployment for REFM.
- Ensures accuracy of all work control centre data.
- Participates in the development of Work Control Centre metrics and reporting.
- Manages and reports on the work flow key performance metrics for the Real Estate and Facilities Management Service Group.
- Performs supervisory, general management and administration functions for the work control centre clerks and time entry clerks:
- Delegates, monitors, and evaluates work performance of approximately 6 direct reports which includes: recruitment, performance and attendance management, training, and auditing of time entry for quality purposes.
- Ensures work control centre and time entry coverage at all times
- Cross-trains work control centre clerks and time entry clerks and develops team succession plan.
- Ensures compliance with departmental procedures, occupational safety procedures, and corporate policies.
- Tracks and reports on compliance related planned maintenance work activities.
- Operationalizes consistent corporate administrative processes.
- Acts as an identified role in the departmental Business Continuity Plan.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or other technical field. Minimum 5 years of related post-graduate experience. Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading and managing a team of unionized direct reports is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of work flow management processes and experience in undertaking a strategic review to optimize the org structure and supporting processes.
- Customer-service focused with experience managing client expectations and relationships.
- Experience in building or reviewing financial and operational models, data analysis, data management, business intelligence and data mining, designing reports and dashboards for effective decision making, initiating business process improvements and supporting change initiatives.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize data to identify key issues and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Fair understanding and interest in current technologies and issues related to IT infrastructure and IT systems development and operations.
- High level of proficiency with IT applications; advanced usage of Excel and MS Office suite. Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Experience providing facilities management or maintenance services, as well as prioritizing building-related work requests is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of facility operating and maintenance costs and of building systems and facility maintenance practices is an asset.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: January 2021
Application Close: December 4, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source