The City of Duncan invites applications from candidates with the proven skills, qualifications, and abilities for the full-time permanent position of Operations Manager.
Duncan is small, in a Big way. Just five hundred metres off the Highway (about 60 kilometres north of Victoria) you’ll find 300 shops and services in a few beautiful, walkable, compact downtown blocks lined with 40 world renowned totem poles. Within minutes of downtown are 5 golf courses, 15 wineries, lake and ocean waterfront, world class trails, cultural amenities, and all forms of indoor recreation. This compact city of 5,000 people offers high quality living and acts as the commercial centre serving a population of approximately 80,000 people.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works and Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing operations management, regular supervision, ongoing oversight, and technical assistance to the Public Works department for potable water and sanitary sewage systems, roads and drainage facilities, solid waste programs including collection, diversion and disposal, building and fleet maintenance, parks and recreation operations, and the construction and maintenance of dikes and selected capital projects.
Necessary skills and qualifications include:
- Five years experience working in an active supervisory role with Municipal Government in operations or engineering supported by related training.
- Experience supervising personnel within a unionized environment.
- Experience working with multiple Public Works functions, including roads, drainage, wastewater collection, water supply and distribution, parks, solid waste collection, landfill operations, dikes, and improving service delivery.
- Ability to successfully deal with multiple priorities and adapt within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage complex projects and employees’ performance.
- Ability to build positive relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrate flexibility with a positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Strong management, motivational, and communications skills.
- Ability to perform all duties under minimal supervision when necessary.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, cost control, and scheduling.
- Experience in SCADA systems and work management systems would be an asset.
- Possession and maintenance of a valid BC Driver’s License (Class 5); a satisfactory current Driver’s Abstract will be required.
A cover letter and complete resume of experience, qualifications, and three references will be accepted until 3:30 p.m. Monday, February 22, 2021 and should be submitted to the attention of Human Resources at HR@duncan.ca
This excluded position offers a wage rate commensurate with your qualifications and experience. A detailed job description and required qualifications are available on the City of Duncan website (www.duncan.ca).
We thank all applicants, but only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
View Original Source Source