Be a part of something great!
Operations Maintenance Worker (up to 6)
(from approx. January 25, 2021 to December 24, 2021)
Competition #: 20-U096
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 6 temporary full-time Operations Maintenance Workers (from approx. January 25, 2021 to December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Construction Services department. Reporting to the Construction Manager, in this unionized position you will perform a variety of manual work requiring physical effort and agility in the operations of semi-skilled and unskilled construction/maintenance tasks. You must have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Utilize a variety of repair processes and equipment such as an M-Scope to locate utilities air compressors, and operating a laser level as required
- Operate a dump, flat, panel or service truck of between 5,100 and 24,000 pounds GVW to perform related duties
- Assist with drainage works construction, maintenance, and repair tasks
- Inspect and maintain drainage systems
- Guide equipment operators and ensure safe work practices
- Perform other related work as required
- Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by training courses and considerable related experience in construction and/or maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of safe work practices and the methods, tools and equipment used
- Skill in the use of a variety of tools used in general maintenance and construction work
- Sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of construction and utilities maintenance work
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and initiative and operate vehicles safely and efficiently
- Valid Class 1 BC Driver’s Licence is considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- Valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence or a Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
View Original Source Source