On-Call Administrative Staff
Various Departments & Divisions
Hours of Work
Rate of Pay
Varies between $24.24 and $32.07 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits
Review of applications begins
4:00pm February 22, 2021
The Capital Regional District (CRD) is seeking talented administrative professionals to join our auxiliary (casual) pool. Being part of our Auxiliary Pool means you will have the opportunity to be considered for various temporary administrative assignments throughout various locations and departments within the Capital Regional District. Assignments vary from one day to three months to help with specific projects, increased workflow, or to replace workers who are away from work. The auxiliary pool is a great and flexible way for you to gain experience and exposure to a number of our diverse work areas at the CRD.
The ideal candidates are able to adapt quickly and become familiar with a variety of work assignments, job tasks, and role responsibilities. You are a self-starter and eager to take on new challenges and expand upon your experience.
Typical duties that may be assigned in the Auxiliary Pool may include: reception desk and switchboard duties, scheduling meetings using Microsoft Outlook, preparing routine correspondence, taking and transcribing meeting minutes, formatting and proofreading correspondence and reports, data entry, processing mail, compiling routine statistical data, photocopying, scanning, and filing and records management.
- High school graduation supplemented by related post-secondary courses plus one year of related experience.
- Superior customer service (internal and external) and communication skills (verbal and written).
- 55 wpm keyboarding speed (testing may be administered).
- Advanced computer skills, including proficient use of MS Office Suite specifically Word, Excel and Outlook (testing may be administered).
- Knowledge of additional software programs such as SharePoint and PowerPoint and experience with cash handling and records management.
- Commitment to accept and commute to assignments in a variety of work locations throughout the Capital Regional District (Victoria, Sooke, Westshore etc)
- Flexible schedule is an asset
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source