Requisition ID: 31054
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Office Support Clerk (OSC) III in the Sanitation Services Branch of the Engineering Services department provides administrative support to the Manager, Business Operations, Superintendents and Branch Manager. The OSC III will receive guidance and direction from the Manager, Business Operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the Sanitation Services Branch management team. This includes maintaining calendars, arranging meetings, handling correspondence, and making travel arrangements as required
- Prepares presentations, letters, reports and other documents for the Manager, Business Operations and management team using the appropriate Microsoft Office programs and departmental and COV templates
- Supports the administration of multiple reporting processes including; Vehicle Inspection Reports, Vehicle Incident Reports Hansen SR Reports and other ad hoc reports through the use of spreadsheets, emails, scanning and scheduling meetings
- Supports administration of Branch training initiatives; schedules training, arranges logistics, manages documents post-training including data entry of employee training records into a database
- Attends branch management meetings; prepares agendas, and takes minutes or creates from notes of others, files electronically or hard copy (ex. Branch management meetings, Crew Talks, OH&S meetings, ATTMs)
- Assists with branch recruitment and orientation processes by managing interview schedules, compiling interview packages, arranging logistics
- Arranges complex meetings for the Manager, Business Operations, Superintendents and Branch Manager by booking venues, sending out invites and ensuring that required equipment and amenities are available
- Performs time entry procedures including: updating approved staff absences in calendar, records leaves/absences per time entry process, clarifies with Supervisor or Manager where required, enters time into SAP, runs reports and submits to the Manager, Business Operations, Superintendents or Branch Manager for approval
- Assists with personnel administration such as ESAF and ECAF preparation and status tracking; drafts standard personnel letters using templates; creates new employee personnel files, files documents as required
- Reviews, provides input to, and participates in implementation of new work processes and procedures
- Requests IT and Security access for new staff and updates to reflect staff changes
- Updates staff charts and lists as applicable (ex. organization chart, phone lists and Quick Find)
- Maintains branch operational files.
- Administers SAP license additions, deletions and changes as directed
- Creates purchase requisitions in SAP per policy and procedure
- Performs basic reception tasks; greets and responds to inquiries; redirects calls and relays messages
- Receives, opens and distributes mail; accepts courier deliveries and prepares outgoing items for pickup
- Requests building or equipment maintenance services
- Orders and receives office supplies
- Provides ad hoc support with regard to special event projects e.g. United Way.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by courses in office administration, including word processing; together with at least two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and math
- Sound knowledge of the applicable policies, rules, regulations, procedures and practices which govern the department
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Considerable word processing skills
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including the operation of office equipment
- Ability to prepare non-routine reports, correspondence and documentation related to the work
- Ability to evaluate work methods and procedures and make suggestions for appropriate changes
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and other staff by providing information and assistance
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
Proficiency using the following software:
- Business information software (e.g. SAP, Sharepoint)
- MS – Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: July, 2021
Position End Date: January, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: July 18, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source