Requisition ID: 24598
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Risk Office Support Clerk in Risk Management of Finance, Risk and Supply Chain Management (FRS) provides clerical claims support to the Public Claims Management Business Unit. The position receives and records claims, retrieves information on previous claims or incidents and responds to routine enquires from claimants.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives detailed confidential claims information by telephone, in-person, fax, email and/or mail.
- Provides clarification and specifics regarding the claim filing process to claimants in accordance with the Vancouver Charter by telephone, email and in-person.
- Reviews claimant allegations and creates an accurate record in iVOS (claims management system) of all new claims received in person, verbally or in writing.
- Scans documentation into iVOS and assigns to appropriate files within iVOS.
- Sets diary notes for Claims Specialists
- Performs record checks in iVOS for prior, existing or similar claimas when new claim received.
- Uses Vanmap to determine incident location for clarification purposes on claims.
- Reviews claims received and reports to 311 if a hazard is noted requiring attendance by the City.
- Retrieves voice mail messages from claimants and returns calls as required.
- Responds to queries from claimants and provides information.
- Responds to Traffic Management enquiries related to claims.
- Prepares correspondence using a template to claimants and mails settlement funds.
- Provides affidavit for court proceedings when called as a witness with regards to interation with claimant.
- Prepares month-end reports using iVOS reporter for liability claims and distrutes as directed.
- Prepares workshop instructional materials and binders as required.
- Processes journal coucher entries for claims.
- Reviews car share (Modo) invoices for accuracy.
- Provides front line reception function for Claims Management e.g. claimants filing claim in person.
- Scans mail to iVOS and/or Vandocs and attaches to related claim or other files as applicable.
- Processes Claims Management staff expense payments.
- Processes cheque requests, claim payments and invoices through SAP and/or iVos.
- Receives and opens incoming mail, date stamps and distributes accordingly.
- Performs duties as are required of a Departmental Record Coordinator.
- Archives and retrieves files at Corperate Record Centre.
- Fax, photocopies, scans and shreds confidential documentation as directed.
- Performs payroll functions such as creating eSAFs, eCAFs, time entry corrections for claims staff.
- Procures goods/services with P-Card and reviews and reconciles purchases for claims staff.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12, supplimented by courses in administration and/or job related courses togehter with at least two years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and math.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations which govern departmental activities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reviewing and recording information.
- Ability to comprehend correspondence and court documents eg. Notices of Civil Claims.
- Ability to understand and interpret oral and written information and prepare accurate and defensible written synopses of information received.
- Ability to successfully effectively and tactfully deal with the public and staff in interpreting and explaining departmental rules, regulations and processes.
- Advanced word processing skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and skill in the operation of office equipment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for maintenance of office records and filing.
- Work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with current IT products, including the following software: Business information software (eg. SAP, iVOS, Vanmaps)
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Access)
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Management (1150)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: March, 2021
Position End Date: September 30, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: March 21, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source