Requisition ID: 27513
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
This position supports the Operations Support and Safety Branch as the Branch’s main administrator through document & data management, producing reports and coordinating and documenting various meetings.
This position also provides First Aid to operations personnel at the Manitoba Works Yard.
This position reports to the Manager of the Operations Support and Safety Branch and works closely with all members of the Branch.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Document management of Departmental OH&S policies, standards, procedures, hazard alerts and other related documents. Manage the documents in Vandocs and in the OH&S SharePoint site and distribute as needed.
- Departmental Records Coordinator for the Branch.
- Create or update various documents in Word, spreadsheets in Excel and presentations in PowerPoint as a result of requested changes.
- Provide first aid to injured staff out of the Manitoba Yard First Aid Room.
- Inventory and ordering first aid stock.
- Coordinate scheduling, at predetermined intervals for employee vaccinations, hearing testing, custom hearing protection fit clinics and fit testing for the Department. This includes liaising with the service provider and with internal staff.
- Site coordinator for Branch purchase cards (MasterCard).
- Monitor metrics spreadsheets and incident investigation database for data input from the Branches. Follows up with Branches where data is missing.
- Create metrics and scorecard reports at weekly, monthly, quarterly and at annual intervals in consultation with metric owners.
- Data entry into programs such as Excel, SAP and other databases.
- Produce and distributes training reports from SAP.
- Coordinate meetings using Outlook.
- Prepare agendas for various meetings.
- Take meeting minutes and distributes meeting documentation to meeting attendees and others as required. (meetings are sometimes confidential)
- General reception duties for deliveries and visitors as needed.
- Process tasks required for new (or transferred) staff onboarding.
- Maintain inventory and order stock as needed for office supplies and equipment.
- Quickfind updates.
- Posting and distribution of CUPE 1004 seniority lists and callout lists.
- Administer the use of shared laptops.
- Provide and document transit passes for staff.
- Mail & Deliveries – Sort Canada Post and Interoffice mail. Process courier requests and accept and sort courier deliveries.
- Support OHS administration:
- OHS accounts payable.
- training coordination and registration of attendees for all of Engineering.
- Print and distribute training certificates.
- Respond to email and telephone enquiries.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by courses in technical writing, word processing and sound related experience.
- Occupational First Aid, Level 2.
- Experience working in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and SharePoint.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Skill in typing rapidly and accurately.
- Sound knowledge and skill in MS programs and SAP.
- Knowledge of general OH&S terminology and practices is an asset.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff by providing information and assistance which may involve assessment and making decisions requiring explanation of applicable rules and regulations.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in meetings and when answering enquiries.
- Ability to compile, draft and maintain correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, presentations and minutes.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities with tight time frames.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to evaluate work methods and procedures and make recommendations for appropriate changes.
Driver’s License and Record Checks:
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record are required.
- The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- Local area travel and transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: April 2, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source