Requisition ID: 27993
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position works within the Licence Office in a fast paced customer service oriented front line environment. The incumbent is responsible for answering phone inquiries from our 311 contact centre, responding directly to clients over email and phone, processing renewal payments, processing office mail, creating and editing a variety of licence folders and performing a variety of clerical duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing office mail; preparing and processing various forms and documents and invoices
- Customer service/reception
- Processing payments; issuing business licenses
- Working independently with little supervision and as a team member; accessing and researching information on department systems and internet is an integral part of the position
- Answering inquiries regarding the License Bylaw, including taking and responding to queries from the public
- Works with various departments and agencies, both internally and externally, in the City of Vancouver
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by related commercial courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have an ability to handle a large volume of work in a noisy, high stress environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direction;
- Ability to problem solve and perform duties in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures;
- Experience in cash handling, processing cheques and debit/credit card transactions and balancing daily to an account session;
- Working knowledge of License Bylaw is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, AMANDA, POSSE
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability for accurate data entry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, including difficult patrons; demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and effectively with other staff.
Business Unit/Department: Development, Buildings & Licensing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: May, 2021
Position End Date: December 31, 2021
Number of Vacancies: 2
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: May 2, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source