Office Support Clerk III (Licence Office)
Requisition ID: 21264
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position works within the Licence Office in a fast paced customer service oriented front line environment. The incumbent is responsible for answering phone inquiries from our 311 contact centre, responding directly to clients over email and phone, processing renewal payments, processing office mail, creating and editing a variety of licence folders and performing a variety of clerical duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing office mail; preparing and processing various forms and documents and invoices
- Customer service/reception
- Processing payments; issuing business licenses
- Working independently with little supervision and as a team member; accessing and researching information on department systems and internet is an integral part of the position
- Answering inquiries regarding the License Bylaw, including taking and responding to queries from the public
- Works with various departments and agencies, both internally and externally, in the City of Vancouver
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by related commercial courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have an ability to handle a large volume of work in a noisy, high stress environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direction;
- Ability to problem solve and perform duties in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures;
- Experience in cash handling, processing cheques and debit/credit card transactions and balancing daily to an account session;
- Working knowledge of License Bylaw is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, AMANDA, POSSE
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability for accurate data entry
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, including difficult patrons; demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and effectively with other staff.
Business Unit/Department: Development Services, Building & Licencing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: October 2020
Position End Date: February 28, 2021
Number of Positions: 2
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $24.81 to $29.16 per hour
Application Close: September 27, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source