Requisition ID: 29493
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
This position works within the Animal Services Department in a fast paced customer service oriented front line environment. The incumbent is responsible for dispatching Animal Control Officers in the field, operating a switchboard, communicating on a radio system and performing a wide variety of clerical duties. Employees of Animal Services operate under non-standard hours of work with established hours of 8:00am – 8:00pm. The incumbent will bring an unrestricted availability to work within the non-standard hours of operation.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include: preparing and processing various forms and documents including dog license applications and renewals, investigative statements and reports, animal impound forms, adoption applications and all other documents related to the department’s administrative process. Process incoming office mail and emails. Attend front line customer service and reception including dispatch, operating a switchboard and responding to public inquiries regarding the Animal Control Bylaw and kennel processes. Attend incoming complaints and dispatch calls for the Animal Control Officers while practicing efficiency and diplomacy. Check daily cash deposits and process all related documents and reports. Create and maintain office files for consistent and accurate data tracking. Perform duties with little supervision and make independent decisions based on knowledge of departmental and City Policies and Procedures. Work with various departments and agencies, both internally and externally, in the City of Vancouver.
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by related administrative and standard software courses.
- Knowledge of dog related issues including various dog breeds and kennel procedures.
- Knowledge of the Animal Control By-Law no. 9150 and the related prosecution process.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the geography of Vancouver including streets, parks and schools.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook along with the ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Previous exposure to Amanda, SAP, VanMap, Cisco and Lagan along with experience in the City’s accounting processes including deposits and time entry is preferred.
- Proven ability to multitask a high volume workload in a fast paced, high functioning administrative environment with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, co-workers and supervisors.
- Experience in payment processing and balancing daily to an account session and float.
- Applicants are required to have considerable related clerical experience with computerized record keeping systems as well as excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, effective keyboarding and accurate data entry.
Business Unit/Department: Development Services, Building & Licencing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: June 15, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: May 23, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source