Requisition ID: 22596
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
We are currently accepting applications from qualified individuals available for on-call and temporary administrative positions that occur because of illness, vacation, or special workload needs at various City worksites. These on-call and temporary assignments vary in length.
Duties may include word processing, data entry, customer service, cashiering, calendar management, and other administrative functions.
Applicants must have a reasonable amount of availability, and must be willing to travel to sites such as Manitoba Yard and Kent Yard for assignments.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 supplemented by business-related courses and computer courses; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is an required
- Experience with cashiering and customer service are an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Strong keyboarding skills (min 40/wpm)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP and mapping software is an asset
- Ability to learn and to adapt to new computer systems and technology
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to changing environments
Prescreened candidates will have to pass the City’s standard test in typing, Word, and Excel.
Business Unit/Department: Human Resources (1020)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: As Needed
Number of Positions: 10
Application Close: October 25, 2020
The City of Vancouver is always interested in adding high performing team members to its staff. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our internal careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source