Requisition ID: 27353
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
- Reporting to the Administrative Manager, Development, Buildings & Licensing (DBL,) the Office Support Clerk II supports DBL Licensing (and business partners) by providing a variety of permit related administrative services in the administration unit.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the department’s secured shredding programme, including collecting and preparing plans and documents for secure shredding.
- Collects Housing Permits and Development Permit issued drawings from Development Services branch on other floor(s); receives other drawings from Plan Filing.
- Prepares issued sets of permit related plans and related documents for scanning:
- Scans large format drawings (lifts rolled sets of drawings up to 15 kilos per roll)
- Accurately completes entries in scanning log, which is used to transfer copies to BC Assessment Authority
- Uploads copies of pdf documents to a shared server from which BC Assessment transfers to their own files
- Retains drawings or sends for destruction, based on set parameters
- Sends electronic copies of scanned documents by email to City Staff
- Uploads pdf documents into POSSE permit system (within a defined set of parameters) by permit number (DPs only)
- Assists with interoffice mail preparation and delivery.
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade Twelve supplemented by administrative/clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of office equipment and of its capabilities as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of departmental functions, responsibilities and activities.
- Ability to work as a team player in fast paced environment with changing and competing deadlines.
- Good organizational skills to handle a heavy workload and the ability to work effectively with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Familiarity with the City of Vancouver Building process and procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of software, particular Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to lift rolls of drawings up to 15 kilos
- Demonstrated customer service skills with ability to professionally and courteously interact with coworkers
- Experience using VanDocs, POSSE and VanMap software preferred.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to differentiate types of drawings and projects.
Business Unit/Department: Development, Buildings & Licensing
Affiliation: CUPE 15
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: May 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $23.44 to $27.45 per hour
Application Close: May 2, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source