Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Regional Planning & Housing Services
Employee Group: Exempt
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Our Housing Division is seeking an Office Supervisor who will be part of dynamic team that supports the second largest not-for-profit affordable housing provider in the region.
You are: energetic, motivated, and have strong leadership skills and considerable knowledge of office administration practices, procedures and standard protocols. You have a proven ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion and you possess excellent computer skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
The Office Supervisor reports to the General Manager, Regional Plan & Housing Services and falls within our Corporate Support, Level 2 job family.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the administrative processes for Metro Vancouver Housing.
- Provides administrative support to Housing staff including the preparation of reports, correspondence, agendas, presentations, briefing materials, speaking notes, minutes, procedural manuals, and other related material for various audiences including the board, committees and external stakeholders as required.
- May provide administrative support to the General Manager of a Department or function including responsibility to calendar management and coordinating scheduling needs.
- Responds to a variety of enquiries pertaining to the department’s and organization’s operations and services.
- Tracks and follows-up on matters such as corporate or departmental correspondence, project deadlines and initiatives requiring deliverables from the department. May oversee maintenance of corporate databases and mailboxes.
- Coordinates meetings and may coordinate political committees, events and functions for internal staff and external parties. Oversees logistical concerns such as meeting space, materials and equipment, registration, catering, and travel arrangements as required.
- Evaluates office operations and revises procedures to increase efficiency and/or respond to changing needs.
- Allocates office space to new and existing staff including revising floor plans and coordinating the purchase and installation of furniture and equipment. Responsible for a range of departmental services and requirements such as IT requests, the BMO Purchase Card program and cell phone coordination.
- Supports the implementation of corporate policies and processes including liaising with other departments and external agencies as required.
- Responsible for managing the department’s physical and electronic records. Works collaboratively with and provides training to staff to establish records management systems and processes that meet business needs and comply with corporate standards.
- Supervises the Division’s administrative support staff, including planning, organizing, and assigning work. Motivates, guides, and provides direction to staff in accordance with department and corporate policies and procedures. Monitors staff work-loads and assists in resolving conflicts including complaints that require corrective measures including discipline.
- Provides administrative support staff with the necessary equipment and training to carry out their work in a way that meets departmental and corporate goals.
- Works closely with the department’s senior management team on the development of the annual budget. Monitors and controls the administration and support budgets and expenditures; ensures allocation to appropriate accounts; investigates variances between budget and actual expenditures; and initiates corrective action.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- 5 years of recent, related experience including previous experience supervising staff supplemented by high school graduation and completion of relevant post-secondary courses; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of office administration practices, procedures and standard protocols. Demonstrated administrative skills and abilities related to coordinating office procedures, and drafting and preparing documents and reports for distribution to various audiences that may include the Board, media and public.
- Knowledge of Metro Vancouver’s functions, structure, and broad objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex calendar and scheduling requirement, assess priorities and adeptly navigate sensitive issues and political sensitivities.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion as requited for sensitive departmental and corporate matters.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective and respectful working relationships under circumstances that may be sensitive and challenging.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively listen, persuade others and support the resolution of problems.
- Supervisory skills and abilities including the ability to provide constructive feedback and understand and consistently apply corporate policies and collective agreements.
- Ability to work independently under broad direction, including managing day to day priorities and planning for future needs.
- Ability to use judgment to select and interpret information and handle deviations from standard methods and practices.
- Skilled at contributing to the team with constructive ideas, information and experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet multiple time based deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Functional understanding of budgeting processes and technology.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, including Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of a complex corporate records management system.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by December 18, 2020.
View Original Source Source