Office Clerk ll/lII
(Casual Inside Worker)
The Township of Spallumcheen is looking for an experienced professional to provide Casual coverage in the role of the Office Clerk ll/lII position. This position is a great opportunity for someone to work on a casual basis with potential for more. This is a bargaining unit position and is covered by the current CUPE Collective Agreement, Local 2709. The position requires availability on an ‘on call, as needed’ basis, with no guarantee of hours.
Reporting to the Township’s Corporate Officer, applicants are required to have completed Grade 12 and have a minimum of two years of work experience in a general office, financial/accounting environment or municipal government office.
Please refer to the requirements of the position as identified in the Clerk II and Clerk III Job Descriptions posted on the Township’s website at www.spallumcheentwp.bc.ca under the Discover tab.
Further to the job descriptions, applicants will need to have experience to perform the following:
- Be self-motivated, highly organized, neat and accurate and have the ability to meet deadlines with a high level of detail;
- A minimum typing skill of 50 wpm;
- Ability to manage communications on the Township’s website;
- Prepare Council and Committee meeting agendas and meeting minutes using electronic software;
- Prepare correspondence, bylaws, and permits for approval with a high level of detail;
- Work with limited supervision and be able to carry out precise record keeping;
- General knowledge of local government organizations and services;
- Operate general office equipment;
- Maintain and ensure safe keeping of minutes, bylaws, permits and related documents; and
- Prepare and organize advertisements and notices and fulfil legislative requirements within the Community Charter, Local Government Act, and Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act.
2021 Wage Rate: $24.82 – 29.57 per hour, with an additional 16% in lieu of benefits (outlined in Article 17 Benefits, statutory holiday pay and vacation pay).
Regular Work Schedule: Casual, on call basis; Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Posting Close Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Applications shall include cover letter, resume and references and be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
Township of Spallumcheen
4144 Spallumcheen Way
Spallumcheen, B. C. V0E 1B6
* Interviews will take place concurrently with the position being filled as soon as possible. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source