Town of Qualicum Beach
Office Assistant Trainee
Permanent Full-time Job
Competition No. 2020-14
The Town of Qualicum Beach is currently seeking a full-time Office Assistant Trainee in the Town Hall. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for providing frontline customer service to the public on a wide variety of matters as well as providing administrative and clerical support across the organization, with a focus on any particular department as assigned.
Typical duties will include:
- Answering telephone and in-person enquiries;
- Drafting agendas and taking minutes at departmental and committee meetings;
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to operations of the department as required;
- Providing clerical/financial support to assigned departments;
- Transferring data from different formats into database systems;
- Filing, coordinating meetings, and preparing/formatting letters and reports;
- Cashier duties;
- Conducting research;
- Other general office duties as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus 2 years’ office administration preferably in municipal government; additional post-secondary technical training in office administration and/or accounting is preferred;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people in a professional manner;
- Strong technical background with computer abilities such as Microsoft Office suite programs as well as other programs (e.g. MAIS, Adobe, Visio);
- Ability to type 50 words per minute;
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, possess exceptional time management skills and a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent organizational and research skills; and
- Social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) would be an asset.
The terms and conditions of employment are covered by the CUPE Local 401 Collective Agreement. The rate of pay will be $24.62/hr. The successful applicant will be expected to work 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Submit cover letter and resume via paper copy or email to:
Colleen Rehor, Human Resources
#201 – 660 Primrose Street, P.O. Box 130
Qualicum Beach, BC V9K 1S7
Deadline for Applications September 28, 2020.
View Original Source Source