Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Co-ordinate shipment routing with clients and agents
· Open files and complete all documents accurately (bills of lading, ACI & ISF Filing …etc)
· Trace shipments on a daily basis
· Update clients on the status of their shipment
· Arrange pick up and delivery of shipments with overseas agent offices (both LCL and FCL)
· Liaison between clients, agents, and carriers
· Issue invoices accurately and within 48 hours if possible.
· Issue intent to claim (whenever needed)
· Accrue pending charges
· Approve payables
· Update costs with agents and carriers
· Request profit share
· Request and follow up on POD’s and update system
· Paper save documents
· Close import files accurately and completely
· Maintain and update client status report(s)
· File away completed files in numerical order into boxes
· After hours as required
· Other tasks as required
M-F (there may be some need for after-hours/weekend support)
3 weeks vacation
Health and dental benefits.
· 2 – 3 years of industry experience
· CITT and/or CIFFA certifications considered an asset
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of Ocean Import environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task and remain organized
· Highly effective communication skills in person, by phone, and by email.
· Bright and friendly attitude with a willingness to help when required
· Motivated to be helpful and offer support
· Honest, trustworthy and respectful
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View Original Source Source