School District No. 62 (Sooke)
School District No. 62 (Sooke)
Occupational Health and Safety Advisor
Sooke School District is the fastest growing School District in British Columbia. Reporting to the Manager Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), the OHS Advisor provides support with all matters relating to COVID-19 updates and requests within the school district and supports the Manager of OHS in other related duties as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers and interprets the current Workers’ Compensation Act (WCA), Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and other relevant regulations related to WorkSafeBC claims management.
- Monitors and alerts the Manager of OHS regarding any applicable legislative changes, updates policies and procedures related to COVID-19, as necessary.
- Precise and systematic review all COVID updates from the BC CDC, Ministry of Education and WorkSafeBC to ensure the SD 62 COVID-19 Stage 2 Staff Handbook is in compliance.
- Update online OHS training to ensure compliance with updates from the BC CDC, Ministry of Education and WorkSafeBC.
- Collate OHS data including, but not limited to, training, WorkSafeBC statistics, workplace incidents, etc.
- May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school graduation or the equivalent plus
- Current enrolment or successful completion of an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate from an accredited institute or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent writing skills to prepare policy, guidelines, and reports related to OH
- Desk top self-sufficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar and e-mail) and use of proprietary databases
- Ability to perform systematic and detailed review of documents.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skills or experience to plan and deliver safety training programs.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information seen or heard.
- Teamwork and cooperation is the ability to work co-operatively with diverse teams, work groups and across the organization that includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Listening, Understanding and Responding is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds. It includes the ability to understand accurately and respond effectively to both spoken and unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others.
- Organizational Awareness is the acumen to appreciate and the ability to use the power relationships in either one’s own, or other, organization(s). This includes the ability to identify the real decision-makers and the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
- Planning, Organizing and Coordinating involves proactively planning, establishing priorities and allocating resources. It is expressed by developing and implementing increasingly complex plans. It also involves monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals and deliver to the organization’s mandate.
- Service Orientation implies a desire to identify and serve customers/clients, who may include the public, co-workers, other branches/divisions, other ministries/agencies, other government organizations, and non-government organizations. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer/client.
- Problem Solving/Sound Judgment is the ability to analyze problems systematically, organize information, and identify key factors and options leading to successful outcomes.
To apply, please go to https://bit.ly/3fgBJCb by December 4th at 4:00 PM.
View Original Source Source