North American Crane Services Inc. is looking for a Crane Technician for a 2 year full-time (40 hours per week) contract. We have two (2) vacancies for this position.
The Crane Technician is responsible for repairing, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling and maintaining primarily Raimondi cranes among other crane manufacturers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned from time to time)
– Checks cranes for proper performance and inspects equipment for faults and malfunctions
– Diagnoses problems, faults or malfunctions by operating the machines or inspecting the equipment with the help of computerized testing tools, calibration appliances, micrometers, and other testing equipment
– Adjusts equipment and repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems with the approved certified parts or systems. Ensure all associated components of repaired equipment conduct comprehensive testing prior to approval ensuring machinery is jobsite ready
– Creates of Crane information binders that outline all requirements of operation, certifications and inspection schedules
– Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and ensures that work meets manufacturer specifications
– Cleans, lubricates and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment
– Obtains estimates for the cost of repairs, order parts, and tracks crane maintenance by writing technical reports
– Performs work safely and in accordance with HSE policies, procedures, and relevant Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
– Comprehensive record keeping for all the following; inventory, order tracking, deliveries, schedules, purchase orders, repairs, mechanic hours, safety reporting/documentation, and training requirements for mechanics and operators.
– Coordination of non-Destructive Engineered testing of critical components not limited to mechanical, structural and electrical components.
– Identify, structure and execution of a preventative maintenance program
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– 5-7 years of related experience with crane equipment installations and/or maintenance
– Red Seal Certification as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician / Mechanic is an asset
– Solid experience working and overhauling Raimondi cranes
– Solid mechanical skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems and read schematics
– Ability to maneuver in and around heavy equipment
– Excellent communication skills in English
– Experienced user with Microsoft Excel or equivalent software for document control
– Ability to work independently
– Critical thinking
– A welding ticket and/or experience is an asset
– A valid driver’s license
Work location is at 23402 Fisherman Road and 23450 Fisherman Road in Maple Ridge. Pay is $33.00 per hour plus extended health benefits.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume by clicking “Apply Now” above or by emailing amy.le (at) aquilini.com. This position will remain open until filled.
View Original Source Source