Network Security Analyst
Competition # 20-078
Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Information Technology
Salary: $43.70 – $51.63 per hour
Closing: January 3, 2021
Come grow with us! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication & great customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We have an exciting full time opportunity for a Network Security Analyst. Do you enjoy working with technology in a challenging and dynamic environment?
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services this position will maintain and enhance the security of the City’s computer and communications network. You will be responsible for the development and design of security architecture and governance, as well as making recommendations for remediation and mitigation related to cyber security risks and will take a large part in security incident response actions. The successful candidate will also provide advice and assistance to users and departmental staff on cyber security matters and maintaining a current awareness of security, computing and communications industry developments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
You will hold a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems and Network Security including Network Certification in the City’s chosen technology, plus have considerable related experience, including network security management in a senior capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of security architecture and cyber security standards.
- Thorough knowledge of network security practices and techniques including antivirus, IPS, and firewalls configuration and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of email, web, cloud security, identity and access management.
- Considerable knowledge of public key infrastructure, encryption, and tokenization.
- Considerable knowledge of vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Considerable knowledge of security threat and risk assessment and threat modeling.
- Considerable knowledge of security event and incident management.
- Considerable knowledge of wired and wireless network access control and of industrial controls security.
- Sound knowledge of the functions of departments served and their requirements as applied to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of mobile security and mobile device management.
- Sound knowledge of PCI compliance and micro segmentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide advice, information and assistance to same.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve.
- Ability to develop presentations and training material and present and train others on relevant information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES:
Valid class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
HOURS OF WORK:
This position is governed by article 13.01 (1) (b) of the collective agreement.
Please complete all applicable areas of the online application in detail and attach your resume.
View Original Source Source